Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Finally, A New Post




I obviously don't get much time to blog these days, and for that I apologize. It's been pretty eventful lately. We went to a family reunion a few weeks ago in Laurel, Ms. It was nice to get away and see relatives we haven't seen in a while. The kids had a blast, especially Brianna. Although there was only one day when there was another child her age there to play with, she definitely got a lot of play time in with everyone. Sean had a great time just running around in Oma's (My Grandma's) back yard. Give him a place to run and he's happy. Jenee came home with us and stayed for the remainder of the week. Jon Jay also came for a couple of days. Brianna has a little crush on him (watch out Aunt Jenee). They both came to visit again two weekends ago and got to go with us to Kangaroo Bob's, which our new favorite place to take the kids. It is filled with inflated bouncers and slides and a huge inflated crocodile that eats you (you have to climb into it's mouth, squeeze yourself into it's throat, slide into it's stomach, and squeeze out of it's butt). We had a pretty good time.
This past Saturday, Josh's Dad and his friend Diane came to visit. This was the first time since we moved here last June that we had seen them. I don't think there was a dull moment during their entire visit. On Sunday we went to Amicalola Falls in Jasper, Ga., where the Appalacian Trail begins (It ends in Maine, our neighbor has hiked all the way to virginia.) It was such a beautiful sight. We all had a great time and got a lot of exercise. Then we went home and barbecued some steaks and even roasted some marshmallows. After getting a good nights sleep, we got ready for Monday's adventure. At 11:30am we headed toward the city of Atlanta for another trip to the zoo. The ride there was a little rocky but we made it. We stayed for about four hours and, once again, had a good time and a good workout. We figured if we left no later than 4pm we would miss most of the rush hour traffic, but as luck would have it, I somehow turned on my headlights without thinking about it (don't ask me why), and my battery died. We got a jump and hit the road at 4:10. About half way home, we hit crawling traffic and pretty much crawled all the way home. We were so exausted, we decided to just pick up KFC for dinner. As for Tuesday, we kept it simple. We went out to lunch, picked Brianna up from school, and went to Wal-Mart, then it was back to work for Josh and me. Now it's time for us to say our goodbyes and hope the next visit will be sooner and longer. Have a safe trip home, Dad and Diane.

3 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 8:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I looks like Josh's Dad had a great time! Everyone looks so happy. I love the pic of Josh and his Dad.

 
At 4/24/2006 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really cool site you have here. You have some talent for this stuff. I had a great time with all of you guys. I miss brianna and sean. It was good to see josh looking and doing so well, and i realllly enjoyed hanging out and talking with you.
stay in touch and call me on my cell "anytime" you want for just any oh reason.
talk to you soon,
love,
diane(alias the Paw-Paw,Diane)

 
At 4/26/2006 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY GUYS, I LOVE THIS SITE YOU HAVE HERE !
YOU REALLY HAVE A KNACK FOR THIS.
I HAD A REALLY GREAT TIME AND I HOPE THE NEXT VISIT WILL BE MUCH
SOONER AND LONGER.

I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH !!!
KISS THE KIDS FOR ME AND SAY HI TO
THE FOLKS UP THERE.

LOVE DAD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home