Friday, October 07, 2005

Halloween Around The Corner

It's coming...Halloween is creeping up, and this is my favorite holiday of all (even over Christmas). With the fall weather, the decorations, the candy, carving the pumpkins, dressing up, and watching the streets fill up with fairies, superheros, princesses, monsters, ghosts, and various cartoon characters, what's not to love?
Every year we get the chance to be someone or something different, and as for me, I get to be creative for myself and my two little Trick-or-Treaters. For the past three Halloweens I have turned my little butterfly into a beautiful fairy, and last year Sean was the most adorable little ghost I'd ever seen. All three of those years I put together their costumes, but I never actually broke out the needle and thread and made them myself (although, I did cut out Sean's ghost costume from a white bassinet sheet).

This year Brianna is going to be Snow White. We got her the outfit for a princess birthday party that she went to in August, but I didn't like the skirt because it was too short. So, I bought some material and made one myself. It turned out so good, I just had to give myself a pat on the back. Now, I think I'll make her a cape and collar to go with it.
Sean is going to be either Dopey or Spiderman, I haven't quite decided yet. The Spiderman costume is currently on layaway along with some super cool Spiderman slippers, but I have also already purchased the items needed for the Dopey costume. I'm leaning toward Dopey because it is obviously appropriate, but unfortunately, Sean refuses to wear a hat and, so far, isn't taking too well to the oversized shirt. But, I won't be terribly upset it he ends up being Spiderman, after all, I have been drawn to Spiderman paraphenalia ever since he was born (I suppose it's because I've always known that he would climb the walls if he could).
As for me, I have decided to become a medieval princess for the evening of October 31st, and I am now on a mission to get my humbug of a husband to participate in this worldwide game of dress-up (he would never miss out on taking the kids trick-or-treating, but refuses to play along). And if not this year, there will be a time when I convince him to join in on the fun.

As for everyone else, there is no reason not to enjoy this holiday. So go out and get creative, even if your staying home. Kids would much rather receive treats from a witch or a zombie than just their typical neighbor. And I don't want to see any dark, unwelcoming doorsteps either (unless, of course, you're not home).
Have a wonderfully spooky Halloween everyone!

2 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 7:34 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Remember when we all went to the Grand Casino and got drunk on Halloween? Oh, no, that's right, you were pregnant and couldn't drink. You drove us home! HAH HAH HAH !

 
At 10/26/2005 12:19 AM, Blogger Connie said...

I seem to make a great designated driver when I'm pregnant. I must be gifted, I can save a life and make a life at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home