Feeling Bad For Enjoying The Weather
I am loving the fall weather we are having here in Woodstock. The windows have been open all day, we went for a walk this morning, and I took Brianna outside to ride her bike and her skates. This is by far my favorite time of year. Being from the coast, this kind of weather wasn't expected for at least (the very least) a month or two. Although, I don't feel that I should be able to enjoy it as much as I want to, knowing that so many people on the coast have no power and no cool weather. My in-laws in Biloxi, who now all live in one house, have just received power yesterday, and they live a couple miles inland. I know there a lot of people who are without homes and have no where else to go, and those are the people who I think about the most. I can't help but think about how things would be for us right now had we not moved, and it is a scary thought.
My heart goes out to all those who are suffering mentally and physically through this catastrophy, and to all those who are reaching out for them, giving them food, giving them shelter, and giving them hope. My heart goes out especially to the children. May they find peace once again in this world of uncertainty. Until then, I will not be able to feel a cool breeze without thinking of them.


1 Comments:
Connie, you write the most beautiful words. I love you!
We are doing a toy drive next week, for the children who lost everything. Let me know if you want to donate any toys that they kids no longer play with.
Post a Comment
<< Home